This Life I am Living

Have you ever felt like you just didn't fit in? Is this all there is? Why am I here, and for what reason? Have you ever wondered why my life seems to just be drifting along without any apparent plan. Does God really care? Does He really know what I am going through? There are times I wonder...there are times I feel like I am just waiting to die.

I believe most of us have experienced some of these at one time or another. Whether it's due to the stress of our fast paced society, sickness or some other form of ordeal, we need to keep this in mind...the devil always wants to get us into the place of despair. Feeling as if there is no hope and that we are the only one that is experiencing this type of anguish.

If you are a born again Christian, then what you are going through may be a partial truth, but it's not the total truth. You may be experiencing great financial trouble, but the Word of God says that He takes pleasure in the prosperity of His servant! Sickness and disease may be ravaging your body, but the Word of God says that by His stripes you were healed!

The Word of God tells us that we have been given favor from the Lord, it's our inheritance as child of God. You may not be experiencing it at this very moment, but you can if you will focus on the total truth and begin to expect favor instead of lack and trouble.

"But let all who take refuge in you be glad; let them ever sing for joy. Spread your protection over them, that those who love your name may rejoice in you. Surely, LORD, you bless the righteous; you surround them with your favor as with a shield." (Psalm 5:11-12)

Remember this truth... If things can go wrong, they can just as easily go right! Each of us has been given a unique and individual purpose that cannot fail if we will cast off fear and stop listening to the lies of the devil. So, shake off that feeling of dread and despair. Get back into fellowship with the Father and put on the garment of praise, because you are fearfully and wonderfully made.

"I will praise you, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made; marvelous are your works, and my soul knows very well." Psalm 139:14

When we struggle with pain and suffering it is difficult to believe we are fearfully and wonderfully made, but trust that God had a plan in mind when he formed you. Sometimes I think about what I could accomplish if I had a healthy body and mind. Thinking I might better serve the Lord if I had better abilities.

I would be able to do more, go more, be more; but I suspect it might not be more of what God had planned for me. I suspect God knows that I would be so caught up in my own agenda I would loose site of His perfect will. If I wasn’t forced to be still I wouldn’t be able to hear His voice as clearly.

So, I will rejoice that God has a plan for me, just as I am, and that I am fearfully and wonderfully made...made for this life I am living.

3 Response to "This Life I am Living"

  1. Pam Says:
    January 2, 2011 at 7:28 PM

    I love this article. The issue I am having is that I do expect God's favor but get disappointed when what I end up w/ is not even close to God's favor.

  2. Brenda says:
    January 3, 2011 at 4:57 AM

    I understand the disappointment, but the message I was "trying" to convey, is that God is there with us in our trials. He never promised us a life without disappointment. There are so many misunderstanding from word interpretations. His "favor" is a shield of [spiritual] protection. Not that he will grant you all that you desire. I will go back and add the verses. Sorry...I have been down with the flu and my head is all fuzzy. God bless you.

    "But let all who take refuge in you be glad; let them ever sing for joy. Spread your protection over them, that those who love your name may rejoice in you. Surely, LORD, you bless the righteous; you surround them with your favor as with a shield." (Psalm 5:11-12)

  3. Preston Pittman says:
    January 5, 2011 at 10:38 AM

    Mmm... I know this feeling. It's scratchy... it's grey... it's not me and I know it's not God. I know as close as I am with God, I would know if I wasn't where I'm suppose to be right now.

    I think the clue in dealing with thoughts like these is not to. I think the very first line of Psalms 5:11 nails it down for me.

    "But let all those who take refuge and put their trust in You rejoice"

    I like that... I think this place, for now, is my refuge, because I am in Him and He will not let me move right or left. So, I am rejoicing with this moment... this time.

    I love how you draw these kinds of reflection from us Brenda. You make us think and thank... lol.

    <3

Post a Comment

All Rights Reserved by Brenda Dawson. Powered by Blogger.